You want to exercise. You really do but somehow everything else seems to get in the way. If only there was a way to transform wanting to exercise into actually doing it. Well… I’m here to tell you that there is a very simple and research backed way to help turn your motivation into action.Read more...
What do you do in a Barre class?
The following details what you will learn in a Barre class:
1. A simple warm up moving the spine in all planes of movement whilst focussing on the breath and it’s effect on the movement.
2. Lower body warm up including squats, toe rises and pliés AKA knee bends with the legs in a turned out position.
3. Upper body strength and endurance with hand weights or resistance bands.
4. Lower body strength and stability whilst increasing mobility of the hips. Standing side and back leg lifts for example.
5. Cardio Legs increasing the range of motion, repetitions and speed movements include leg kicks and curtseys.
6. Mat based floor work including Pilates abdominal strengthening, spine and shoulder girdle stabilisation and strength training. Finishing with gentle stretching and relaxation.
So you want to invest in Pilates equipment to use at home…
But what Pilates equipment do you really need and why?
Postural alignment keeps coming up in my private Pilates sessions and small group classes.
It’s hard to do anything well if your postural alignment is off. You’ll inevitably end up with pain and/or injury.
So, how can Pilates help your back pain?
Here are are series of simple ways that you can help improve your postural alignment even before you join a class or sign up for a 1-2-1 Pilates session.Read more...